What is Giving Tuesday
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday are about getting deals, GivingTuesday is about giving back.
- In the same way that Black Friday opens the shopping season, GivingTuesday opens the giving season, uniting charities, companies and individuals in the spirit of giving.
- GivingTuesday is “the opening day of the giving season.”
- GivingTuesday proves that the holidays can be about both giving and giving back. It celebrates how Canadians can do more with their wallets than just shop – and that we can give as good as we get.
- You don’t have to be a world leader or a billionaire to give back. GivingTuesday is about ordinary people coming together to make an extraordinary impact.
Why Give to the YMCA
- The YMCA nurtures happy and healthy individuals by offering them a welcoming place to live, learn, work, and play close to home.
- The YMCA provides safe places to belong, housing [access to recreation, educational programs, employment supports, immigrant supports, camps], and beyond.
- We offer programs to all community members and provide financial assistance as needed to ensure everyone can participate at their Y.
- The YMCA believes that healthy kids are the foundation and future of healthy communities across Canada. The YMCA helps kids in Canada grow healthier, stronger and more confident, so they ca realize their full potential.
- The YMCA is a gateway to health for our children, teens, and young adults, for ourselves, for our communities, for us all.
- The YMCA is a critical part of the solution addressing the declining health of our young people. By supporting us, you help make our communities home to the healthiest children, teens, and young adults.
On December 1, 2015 click the image below and take part in the giving season. Come back and support us on Giving Tuesday.