Membership and Program Brochure
As a YMCA Member you are entitled to a great deal of fun and excitement. For the adults, seniors and students you may particpate in any and all of the Group Fitness classes, aqua fit classes and a select few programs FREE with a membership. For the children, they receive 1 wet and 2 physical programs FREE included with their membership per 12 week program session.
||September 19th - December 11th, 2016
Members begin Monday, August 22nd, 2016
Non-Members begin Tuesday, September 6th, 2016
||January 9th - April 2nd, 2017
Members begin Monday, November 21st, 2016
Non-Members begin Monday, December 5th, 2016
||April 3rd - June 18th, 2017
Members begin Monday, March 6th, 2017
Non-Members begin Monday, March 20th, 2017
Come Celebrate Your Birthday Party at the YMCA! All parties include set up, pizza, juice and a party host. Parties are available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Extra Pizza can be purchased.Please book your party at the Membership Service desks. Upon booking a $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required.
|Party Option 1: $100.00
2 hours - 2:00pm - 4:00pm
1 hour of Gym Activities, 1 hour in the party room and a Party Host. No substitues for pool time.
Includes birthday child and 9 friends.
Additional children are $10.00 per child.
|Party Option 2: $150.00
3 hours - 2:00pm - 5:00pm
1 hour of gym activities, 1 hour swim and 1 hour in the party room and a Party Host.
Includes birthday child and 9 friends.
Addidtional children are $10.00 per child.
YMCA Wellness Program
Congratulations on taking an important step towards a healthier you. A YMCA Fitness Coach will develop a Health and Fitness plan specific to your fitness goals. This program is Free with your YMCA membership. YMCA Wellness Program covers the following:
· Demonstration on proper use of the Cardio Machines
· Individualized Resistance Program
· Introduction to YMCA Group Fitness Classes
YMCA Wellness Program is designed to help you in the following ways:
· Commit to a manageable program
· Increase energy levels
· Ensure that you are comfortable with the YMCA building facilities, programs and services
Welcome to the YMCA community!
Creating an effective exercise program can be overwhelming. A Certified YMCA Personal Trainer can help you set up a program that meets your goals and teaches you the best way to exercise. By working with a Trainer you will realise the following benefits:
· Improved body composition
· Enhanced self-confidence
· Improved strength
Top 10 reasons you should work with a YMCA Personal Trainer.
1. Motivation - Personal trainers wear many hats, serving not only as coach, but as an educator, confidant, role model and a major source of motivation and encouragement as well.
2. Consistency - Do you find it difficult to stick to your program? Scheduling regular appointments with a personal trainer helps eliminate any excuses you might come up with for not exercising.
3. Safety - Unsure about how to use the chest press machine at the gym or how to perform walking lunges without hurting your knees? A personal trainer will show you how to exercise safely (including which exercises to avoid) and instruct you on the proper and safe use of exercise equipment.
4. Individualized Instruction - What works for one person, may not work for another when it comes to choosing an exercise program. A personal trainer will develop the most effective program for you based on your fitness evaluation results and personal goals. Beginners in particular, benefit from instruction on how to perform specific exercises and program planning.
5. Effective Workouts - Today’s hectic lifestyles mean you don’t have time to waste on ineffective exercise routines. Personal trainers help maximize your time by providing workouts designed to meet your goals quickly and efficiently.
6. Supervision - Personal attention during exercise is the primary function of personal trainers. Need someone to spot you while you do pull-ups? Looking for feedback on your running form? No problem-that’s what your personal trainer is for-to observe, assist and, if necessary, correct as needed.
7. Sports-specific Training - Many amateur and professional athletes work with a personal trainer during the off-season to prepare themselves for in-season competition. Whether you want to shave some strokes off your golf score or beat your brother-in-law at tennis, a personal trainer can tailor your program to your sport of choice.
8. Injury Rehabilitation - Injuries and accidents can prevent you from participating in your favorite activities. An experienced personal trainer, however, can make the road to recovery a smooth one by recommending exercises that emphasize overall muscular balance to prevent future injuries.
9. Special-needs Training - Research confirms that individuals with health challenges such as diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis or heart disease benefit greatly from regular physical activity. These conditions, however, can make exercising safely a challenge. Many personal trainers are experienced in designing programs that address the special needs of these and other conditions.
10. Ego Boost - It’s a fact - feeling good makes you look good, and vice versa. Not only can your personal trainer help you achieve your health and fitness goals, they provide you with positive feedback on your performance and bolster your confidence to take on new challenges.
Personal Training Rates
1 – 5 sessions $40.00 + hst 6 – 10 sessions $35.00 + hst
Buy 10 sessions get one FREE!
For more information about Personal Training contact Kit McCandie (613)394-9622 ext 7674.